FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 16, 2010
CoreNet Global (CNG) Convenes in New Orleans April 18-20, 2010
CoreNet Global’s Community Reinvestment Challenge teams up with three local organizations to help redevelop communities in the Upper Ninth Ward
WHAT: CNG 2010 Summit
WHERE: New Orleans Morial Convention Center (NOMCC), La Nouvelle Orleans Ballroom and Hall E
WHEN: April 18-20, 2010
CNG, the world’s leading professional association for corporate real estate executives, service providers and economic developers, will hold its Global Summit, April 18-20 at the NOMCC. The convention themed “Business Unusual: Inspiring Innovation,” will examine the realities of “business unusual” and the innovation necessary to move forward in today’s unsettled economic and real estate environments.
On April 17, CNG’s Community Reinvestment Challenge will partner with three local organizations to help revitalize parts of the Upper Ninth Ward. Habitat for Humanity, Desire Street Ministries and Rusted Up Beyond All Recognition Bikes (RUBARB) will offer attendees various community service opportunities including building, landscaping, salvaging and restoring bikes damaged by the storm.
CNG is the world's leading professional association for corporate real estate and workplace executives serving leading multinational companies from the Fortune and Global 1000. More than 7,000 members manage more than $1.2 trillion in real estate and workplace assets in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and North America. CNG, formed in 2001, is the combined venture of the former organizations: The National Association of Corporate Real Estate Executives (NACORE) and the International Development Research Council (IDRC).
The last time CNG met in New Orleans was in 1996 as the IDRC, and this year’s meeting is set to generate millions of dollars in economic impact.
MAJOR EVENTS: (all events take place at the NOMCC unless otherwise noted)
· Sat, April 17: Voluntourism project with Habitat for Humanity, Desire Street Ministries and RUBARB, Upper Ninth Ward, 7:45 a.m.-4 p.m.
· Mon, April 19: Opening General Session: “Fl!p: How to Find and Exploit Opportunities in an Upside Down- World” featuring international expert on leveraging business trends
and new market opportunities, Peter Sheahan, La Nouvelle Orleans Ballroom, 9-10:30 a.m.
· Tues, April 20: Mega Session: “The Power of Persuasion” featuring expert on the science of influence & persuasion, Heath Slawner, Rooms 356-357, 9-10 a.m.
· Tues, April 20: Mega Session: “Start with Why” featuring renowned leadership expert, Simon Sinek, Rooms 343-344, 9-10 a.m.
· Tues, April 20: Closing General Session: “Moving Beyond the Meltdown: Aligning Yourself for Growth Through Innovation” featuring futurist, trends, creativity & innovation expert, Jim Carroll, La Nouvelle Orleans Ballroom, 3:45-5 p.m.
EXHIBIT HALL: Hall E, NOMCC
Mon, April 19: 12:30-6 p.m.
Tues, April 20: 12-3 p.m.
CNG: Richard Kadzis, 404-589-3240, email@example.com
New Orleans CVB: Tara Letort, 504-566-5048, firstname.lastname@example.org; Kelly Schulz, 504-421-0962, email@example.com
NOMCC: Rosalie Mortillaro, 504-582-3027, firstname.lastname@example.org