FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
504 558 1840
305 796 8383
A Look Inside the Legendary Sazerac Bar at The Roosevelt New Orleans Hotel,
By the Numbers
Fun Facts About the World-Famous Bar Known for its Namesake Cocktail
NEW ORLEANS, La. – (May 6, 2011) – Since its reopening in the summer of 2009, the world-famous Sazerac Bar in The Roosevelt New Orleans has drawn both locals and visitors to experience a classic American cocktail destination.
Now, the hotel has announced some interesting numbers for full-year 2010 that prove just how popular the landmark bar really is and the effort that goes into mixing its signature Sazerac and Ramos Gin Fizz cocktails:
· Number of Sazerac cocktails sold in 2010: 29,316 of New Orleans’ “official cocktail” or roughly 80 per day since the bar is open every day of the year.
· Full bottles of Sazerac Rye Whiskey sold in 2010: 2,700 equating to 2,025 liters
· Number of stirs required to make a classic Sazerac cocktail: 30 per cocktail, or almost 900,000 twists of the wrist required of the bar’s mixologists over the course of 2010 to prepare individual Sazerac drinks.
· Number of Ramos Gin Fizz cocktails sold in 2010: 7,150 of the late Gov. Huey P. Long’s favorite drink.
· Number of shakes required to make a classic Ramos Gin Fizz: 50 per cocktail or almost 360,000 two-stroke motions of the mixologists’ arms to prepare individual Ramos Gin Fizz drinks.
- ### -
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For 92 years, Hilton Worldwide has been offering business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. The company is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Its brands are comprised of more than 3,700 hotels and 610,000 rooms in 82 countries and include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®. For more information about the company, visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.