FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(504) 523 - 9857
SOUTHERN REP - WELCOMES A NEW ERA
New Orleans - After more than 20 years in residence at our Theatre on the 3rd Floor of Canal Place, Southern Rep announces that we will be finding a new home. For many years, our company has benefited from a very positive relationship with our landlords at Canal Place, Darryl Berger and Roger Odgen, and with their management team lead by Brandon Berger and Lisa Manzella, and we are grateful for their on-going support of Southern Rep. Due to recent growth within Canal Place, our space will change hands next month, February 2012, and will no longer operate as a live performance venue.
We are currently working to identify both interim and long-term venues, including the site from which we will present the second half of our 25th Anniversary Season. This season, which has been a celebration of new plays, the best of Broadway, and collaborations with our friends and neighbors, will continue as planned, and we look forward to announcing the location of our upcoming productions.
In the meantime, we will immediately launch fundraising efforts from local and national sources, including individual donors, businesses, and foundations, to ensure that we may continue our 25 year legacy of
• Producing Award Winning world premieres - Southern Rep garnered 18 Big Easy Nominations last season alone!
• Employing more than 100 artists every year.
• Annually hosting more than a dozen productions from companies around the city.
• Offering free and sliding scale opportunities to more than 500 students each year.
• Awarding The Ruby Prize, a national new play competition with an award of $10,000 and workshop opportunities for woman of color playwrights.
• To make an impact of more than $1,000,000 per year on our local economy.