Get "social" with the Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Get ‘Social' With The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
NEW ORLEANS, La. - June 1, 2012 - Recently, we suggested that you "Take an Easy Trip to the Big Easy" and we listed several mobile apps to help immerse yourself in the culture of New Orleans.
Now, we would like to share some social media platforms and internet tools to help you get ‘social' with us. We want to engage in conversations with you and make your stay memorable.
- 1. The Ritz-Carlton Mobile App: (launched April 30, 2012)
- a. Special Offer Examples: $99 Ritz-Carlton massage or a complimentary glass of house wine with the purchase of two appetizers.
- b. Concierge Tip Example: New Orleans is a walkable city, so bypass the rental car.
- c. Hotel Information and Photo Tour: Reserve a room via your smartphone. Summer rates start at $199 per night.
- 2. The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans on Facebook: 11,002 likes/fans
- a. Hotel: Brunches, teas, wine dinners, etc.
- b. New Orleans: Festivals, concerts, sporting events, etc.
- c. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company's Facebook page has over 123,000 likes/fans.
- 3. foursquare (World Concierge):
- a. Concierge Tips: From the French Quarter to the Audubon Zoo, our concierge team gives you the best tips to experience New Orleans like a local.
- b. President's Tip: If you check in on foursquare at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans by using The Ritz-Carlton app, you'll receive a special tip from President and COO Herve Humler.
- c. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company's foursquare account has 4,607 followers and offers over 171 tips worldwide. Click on the hyperlink for this section.
- 4. Website (http://www.ritzcarlton.com/):
- a. Calendar of Events at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans:
- i. Wednesdays at the Square: The hotel's headliner, Jeremy Davenport, will perform at this concert series on Wednesday, June 6th. TODAY, Davenport was selected as one of the top three Local Jazz Artists and The Davenport Lounge was selected as one of the top three Hotel Bars in the city (Times-Picayune).
- ii. Snowball Sommelier: Enjoy homemade snowballs in the courtyard (June - July).
- iii. Oyster Butler: Sample freshly shucked oysters in the courtyard (Aug. - Sept.).
- iv. Happy Hour: Enjoy five (5) cold tapas, five (5) hot tapas and half off of the lounge's signature cocktails Sunday - Thursday from 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- v. Champagne Dinner: Reserve a seat for M bistro's champagne pairing dinner.
- vi. July 4th/Essence Festival: M bistro and the lounge will offer special promotions.
- vii. 10th Annual Tales of the Cocktail: The lounge will offer special promotions.
- viii. Satchmo Summerfest: M bistro and the lounge will offer special promotions.
- ix. Tailgate Menu: Enjoy M bistro's football-themed tailgate buffets all season long.
- x. Celebrity Bartenders: Local celebrities co-host a night in The Davenport Lounge.
- xi. Voluntourism: Volunteer your time to rebuild homes in the metropolitan area.
- xii. Luggageless Travel: Ease your travel woes and allow us to ship your luggage.
- b. Room Packages: Experience Sportsman's Paradise for $21,000.
- c. Photo Gallery: The hotel completed its first property-wide photo shoot since opening.
- d. Spa: The city's most award-winning spa features culturally indigenous treatments.
- e. Live Jazz: Enjoy live jazz every weekend thanks to headliner Jeremy Davenport.
- f. Weddings: We can plan an authentic New Orleans wedding or a traditional service.
- g. Meetings: From the courtyard to the rooftop, allow us to plan your event.
- 5. YouTube: Learn about the company's new "Let Us Stay With You" advertising campaign or how to be an ambassador of the environment thanks to Jean-Michel Cousteau.
- 6. Twitter: Follow @RitzCarlton to learn about the company's properties across the globe. The account features guest twitterers who share tips from their unique destination worldwide.
- 7. Pinterest: Follow and pin your favorite Ritz-Carlton property. You have seventy-eight choices.
We would be remiss if we didn't mention two recent awards. Last week during the New Orleans Wine & Food Experience, Executive Chef Vinny Russo of M bistro at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans secured a bronze medal win over seventy-five participating restaurants! On the same day, Conde Nast Traveler's Reader's Choice awards selected The Ritz-Carlton Spa, New Orleans as one of the Top 75 Hotel Spas in the United States. This comes on the heels of Travel + Leisure's selection of the spa as the #1 Hotel Spa in the United States and Canada.
Get social and download our app, like us on Facebook, check in on foursquare, learn about us on http://www.ritzcarlton.com/, watch our videos on YouTube, follow us on twitter and Pinterest all about it!
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C., of Chevy Chase, Md., currently operates 75 hotels in the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and the Caribbean. More than 30 hotel and residential projects are under development around the globe. The Ritz-Carlton is the only service company to have twice earned the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, an award that originated in 1987. Its purpose is to promote the awareness of quality excellence, recognize quality achievements of companies and publicize successful quality strategies. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company won the award in 1992 and 1999. For more information, or reservations, contact a travel professional, call toll free in the U.S. 1-800-241-3333, or visit the company web site at http://www.ritzcarlton.com/. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE:MAR).
# # #