For More Info Call:
Go Green with Your Convention Facility
The New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center is one of the most state-of-the-art convention centers in the United States and employs a number of green practices. From recycling and clean air practices to water and energy conservation, the center is the perfect location to hold your meeting or convention. Visit their website for more information at www.mccno.com/about-us/green-efforts.
- ENMCC employs clean air practices by using environmentally preferable cleaners when possible. The facility also keeps a preventative maintenance schedule to keep boilers, diesel fire pumps and diesels generators operating at their most efficient levels.
- ENMCC conserves water by using low flow and automatic toilets and faucets in restrooms. Irrigation systems are also equipped with rain sensors to prevent excessive use of water resources.
- ENMCC reduces waste by recycling all cardboard and utilizing bulk purchasing reducing packaging for materials brought into the convention center.
- ENMCC uses reusable linens and china instead of paper for catered events and offers 5-gallon water coolers instead of bottled water.
- The staff and offices of ENMCC employ strict recycling practices for office supplies, products and toner cartridges.
- ENMCC uses a Computerized Energy Management System along with energy efficient lighting, variable volume HVAC and pumping systems and daylight sensors of exteriors lighting. There are also manual controls on escalators and other equipment and manual resets on heating hot water.
- ENMCC is New Orleans' largest contributor to Second Harvest food bank for unprepared foods and Second Helping, the area food bank for prepared foods.