For More Info Call:
Go Green with Desitination Management Companies
Destination management companies can have a profound impact on the greenness of a meeting or convention. Your DMC should have strong environmental policies that ultimately cut down on waste and power consumption and seek event venues and subcontractors that do the same.
The New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau can help you find a destination management company that will help you make your meeting as green as can be. You should encourage your DMC to help create a green meeting by:
- Reducing power consumption by using laptops when possible, using LCD instead of CRT monitors and asking employees to turn off equipment and lighting when not using it.
- Reducing paper and resource waste by using inkjet printers instead of laser printers, printing on both sides of the paper, using multi-purpose office equipment and opting for email instead of written communications.
- Recycling and reusing where possible such as reusing boxes and packing materials, saving signs for reuse and providing collection bins to recycle content and nametags.
- Ensuring mailing lists are valid to cut down on waste and using technology to cut down on printing and shipping needs.
- Creating a conference web site and offering electronic registration and confirmation to promote the event and provide the itinerary.
Visit the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center website to find out how they can help you decrease your organization's carbon footprint when you choose New Orleans as your meeting or convention destination at www.mccno.com/about-us/green-efforts