For More Info Call:
Go Green with Lodging
When you're holding a meeting or convention with thousands of participants, designating hotels with green practices can have a big impact on your environmental footprint. Green hotels typically use energy in environmentally responsible ways, make use of renewable resources whenever possible and try to avoid waste by recycling and reusing.
New Orleans is home to a number of environmentally responsible hotels that employ such tactics as linen reuse options, timed lights, recycle baskets, using glass cups instead of plastic and putting fluorescent light bulbs in guestrooms.
Meeting planners can also encourage their guests to make their stay more green by:
- Asking the hotel not to replace amenities until the are gone.
- Encouraging the staff to turn off lights and turn down heating or air conditioning when the rooms are unoccupied.
- Ensuring that recycling baskets are available in each room.
- Taking advantage of linen and towel reuse options.
- Finding hotels that participate in water conservation practices like low-flow showerheads and toilets.
Visit the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center website to find out how they can help you decrease your organization's carbon footprint when you choose New Orleans as your meeting or convention destination at www.mccno.com/about-us/green-efforts