For More Info Call:
Go Green with On-Site and Printed Materials
Conventions and meetings can generate large amounts of paper so it's always important to look for best practices when planning for on-site and printed materials. A strong recycling program, minimizing the size of printed materials and relying more on digital communications can have a big impact.
You can help add a touch of green to your convention or meeting in New Orleans by:
- Using conference material bags made from lightweight recyclable materials.
- Asking speakers to provide electronic copies of handouts and presentations by posting them online or distributing them on disc, flashdrive or the web.
- When using paper, making sure all handouts are printed on two sides. Limit the use of glossy, goldenrod or fluorescent paper and use soy ink. Follow EPA standards which include 30% post-consumer recycle content.
- Using environmentally friendly badge holders created from recycled materials and use reusable signs.
- Using online invitations and offer online registration instead of printed materials.
- Using electronic advertising and promotion wherever possible.
Visit the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center website to find out how they can help you decrease your organization's carbon footprint when you choose New Orleans as your meeting or convention destination at www.mccno.com/about-us/green-efforts