Click to view the members that have recently joined the New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau. We encourage you to utilize them.more
CVB Awards and Accolades
New Orleans CVB Awards
2016 New Orleans CVB Awards
- The Young Leadership Council (YLC) named Cheryl Teamer, Senior Vice President of Public Affairs for the New Orleans CVB, a 2016 YLC Role Model.
- The Louisiana Travel Promotion Association (LTPA) awarded The New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau as the winner of the Outstanding Convention and Bureau/Tourist Commission of the Year (budget from $750,000 and higher), announced January, 2016.
- The New Orleans Press Club's 2016 Excellence in Journalism Awards awarded the New Orleans CVB several awards, including honors for website, community relations and special events.
- Website awards include FIRST PLACE in Public Relations to the New Orleans CVB staff's COOLinary New Orleans Restaurant Month.
- Community Relations awards include: SECOND PLACE in Public Relations to the New Orleans CVB staff's New Orleans Will campaign.
- Special Events awards include THIRD PLACE in Public Relations to the New Orleans CVB staff for National Travel & Tourism Week.
- Tara Letort, Director of Group Public Relations for the New Orleans CVB was awarded the 2016 Millennial Award for Hospitality & Tourism.
- Kim Priez, Senior Vice President of Tourism for the New Orleans CVB was named the 2016 City Business Woman of the Year.
2015 New Orleans CVB Awards
- Stephen Perry, President & CEO of the New Orleans CVB, was awarded the French Quarter Business Association's Ambassador Award for funding the French Quarter Task Force since May 2015 and onward, and contributing to the quality of life and business in the French Quarter.
- Stephen Perry, President & CEO of the New Orleans CVB, was honored by New Orleans CityBusiness for his superb job of rebuilding the tourism industry in New Orleans, post-Hurricane Katrina. New Orleans CityBusiness celebrated 35 years of publishing award-winning, in-depth local business news and to mark the anniversary, CityBusiness honored 35 business leaders who had made significant contributions to our community over the past 10 years.
- The New Orleans CVB was selected as the winner of the 2015 HRC Louisiana Gala Community Leader's Award. Under Stephen Perry's leadership, the CVB was recognized as a leader in rebuilding tourism in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, during the BP oil spill and most recently as the industry stood shoulder to shoulder in the fight against House Bill 707.
- Stephen Perry, President & CEO of the New Orleans CVB, was included in the Young Leadership Council's (YLC) 2015 Role Model class, which is composed of business and civic leaders from our community who distinguish themselves as Role Models by actively contributing to the betterment of the Greater New Orleans region and by serving as an example, not only to YLC's young professional members, but also to the community at large.
- Tara Letort, CMP, the Director of Group Public Relations of the New Orleans CVB, was awarded the Forty Under 40 Award by Association Forum of Chicagoland and USAE. This prestigious award recognizes emerging leaders in the nonprofit and association industries under the age of 40 who demonstrate high potential for success in leadership roles and exhibit a strong commitment to the association management profession. Tara was chosen from hundreds of nominees and is the only 2015 honoree from a destination marketing organization (DMO) in the public relations role.
- Tara Letort - Director of Group PR of the New Orleans CVB, and Vicki Bristol - Communications Manager of the New Orleans CVB, won awards at the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) New Orleans 2015 Fleurish awards banquet.
- Tara, a Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), was awarded the Reaching New Heights award. This is a new award for a PRSA board member who pushed the board to think big and reach for audacious goals. She reached new heights in breaking attendance records and bringing a panel of the most respected and reputable names in the hospitality industry together to commemorate Katrina 10.
- Vicki, Accredited in Public Relations (APR) by PRSA, was awarded the Individual Award of Excellence. This honor is awarded to PR professionals in New Orleans who have exemplified excellence in the PR industry, contributed to their company's culture, growth, bottom line or innovation, impacted the community through involvement in regional organizations and has shown a consistent, high degree of original thinking in their field.
2013-2014 New Orleans CVB Awards
- The Meetings Magazine's Corporate & Incentive Travel announced the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau one of 2014's Standout CVB's.
- TravelAge West announced that New Orleans has been recognized by their award-winning editorial team for inclusion in the 2013 Western Agents' Vote of Excellence (WAVE) Awards. New Orleans was nominated for the Destination with the Highest Client Satisfaction, March 2013