Created in the early 1940s to compliment The Fountain Lounge, this rum based drink has the green color that matched Paul Ninas' murals in the lounge, which depicted the swamps of Louisiana complete with egrets and alligators. The menu described it as "a soul stirring drink combining the warmth of a southern sun with the subtle tang of a bayou breeze."
• 1 ½ oz. Bacardi Light Rum
• 20 oz. Green Tinted Falernum
• 1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
Method of Preparation:
• In a Collins glass, add the light rum, syrup, and lime juice.
• Add crushed ice.
• Float the dark rum on top.
• Garnish with a cherry/lime flag.