• 4 pounds Gulf shrimp, Peeled and deveined
• 1 pound Tasso, diced
• 2 tsp. Olive Oil
• 1 bunch Green Onions, Sliced
• 2 Tbs. Fresh Garlic, chopped
• 4 oz. White wine
• 2 Tbs. Creole Seasoning
• 1 c. Roasted Red Peppers, Peeled and Diced
• 1 qt. Heavy Cream
• To taste Kosher Salt
• 3 qt. Prepared Yellow Stone Ground Grits
Cook Grits according to your favorite recipe or package instructions. Hold warm on the stove top.
In a sauté pan caramelize Tasso with 2 tsp. Olive oil. When Tasso is brown add shrimp. When shrimp is opaque (pink and plump) add garlic and roasted peppers. Deglaze the pan with wine. Add creole seasoning and heavy cream. Cook until mixture reduces to half its volume or until sauce coats the back of a spoon. Salt to taste.
Spoon 4 oz. grits into a serving bowl. Portion shrimp and sauce over grits. Repeat for remaining guests. Garnish with green onion slices.