Recipe By: Tenney Flynn
• 4 each 8 ounce swordfish filets
• 1/2 cup macadamia nut crust
• 1 Tbs. Butter
• 1 Tbs. Canola Oil
• 4 ounces frozen macadamia nuts
• 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
• 2 Tbs. flour
• 2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
• vegetable oil spray
• 1 1b. mashed potatoes
Method for the crust:
1) Pulse the frozen nuts in the food processor until roughly chopped.
2) Add the flour and the panko and continue pulsing until the nuts are matchhead size.
3) Remove from the machine and stir in the pepper. Reserve refrigerated.
1) Season the swordfish portions with salt, spray liberally with the vegetable spray and dredge into the crumb mixture.
2) Preheat a large saute pan and add 1 tablespoon of oil and one of butter. When the butter foams place the steaks in crumb side down on medium heat until golden brown - about 3 - 4 minutes.
3) Carefully turn and continue cooking until medium (hot center) If you like they can be finished in a 350 oven for an additional 3 - 4 minutes, depending on the thickness.
Serve over mashed potatoes.