#1 Top Secret Recipe
• 250g TPT = almond powder and icing sugar - sifted = 1 generous Cup
• 100g sugar = 7 Tablespoons or just under ½ Cup
• 100g egg white = 7 Tablespoons or just under ½ Cup
• 25g sugar = 1.75 Tablespoons
• * add color as desired
• 200g pistachio paste or other flavoring = 1 Cup (just scant of 1 Cup)
• 200g butter cream =1 Cup (just scant of 1 Cup)
* Amounts of flavors, pastes etc. will vary with personal taste
To make the macarons, sieve the sugar and the TPT very fine. Put aside.
Now whisk the egg white together with the second part of sugar at middle speed.
Gradually whisk the egg white mixture to become very stiff. * if cooking the sugar for the meringue cook to 245° F and follow the standard procedure for making a cooked meringue adding color in the end.
*Add natural powder color
Fold the TPT mix into meringue.
With a whole nozzle pipe, pipe small discs on a baking parchment. Bake for 2-3 minutes at 200° C/ 392° F closed, 8-10 min at 170° C/ 338° F open. Remove from the oven and let the macaroons cool. Whisk the pistachio paste with the butter cream and pipe the mix on the macarons. Pipe the filling between two macaroons and sandwich them.
VOILA! Enjoy your perfect macaroons with a glass of cold milk! And... just in case temptation has gotten the best of you after reading this and you don't feel like being Betty Crocker anytime soon, visit Sucré, A Sweet Boutique.