• 6 large sweet potatoes
• 1/2 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 Stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, slightly softened
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup all purpose flour
• 1 cup chopped pecans
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash sweet potatoes in cold water to remove dirt. Place sweet potatoes on a pan and roast until very tender, approx. 1 hour. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
3. Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl. Mash the sweet potatoes until they are smooth. Add brown sugar, beaten eggs, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt to the potatoes and mix well with a spoon. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
4. Topping: Mix the softened butter, brown sugar, flour and pecans by hand in a mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Spread the topping over the sweet potato. Place the baking dish in the 350 degree oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Serve and enjoy.