Feeding a crowd just got easier with this quick and tasty party dish. Its authentic New Orleans flavor is just the thing to kick any celebration into high gear.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
• 2 1/2 cups water
• 1/8 cup oil (optional)
• 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Jambalaya Mix, Original
• 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
• 1/2 pound smoked sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
• 1/4 cup sliced green onions (optional)
1. Bring water and oil to boil in large saucepan. Stir in Rice Mix, chicken and sausage; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
2. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
Variation: One cup cubed cooked ham and/or 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved crosswise, may be added to rice mixture after 10 minutes of cooking time. Continue as directed.
Makes 6 (1-cup) servings.