Filling, flavorful and easy to make, this dish is a Monday night tradition in Louisiana. Add turkey sausage to make it a complete meal or a robust side.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 pound turkey sausage, sliced
• 1 package (8 ounces) ZATARAIN'S® Red Beans and Rice
• 3 1/4 cups water
• Chopped green onions (optional)
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add turkey sausage; brown on both sides.
2. Stir in Rice Mix and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in green onions. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 5 (1-cup) servings.