Recently named one of the most romantic North American getaways by readers of USA Today and 10Best, New Orleans is the best place to visit with your loved one. Whether for weddings, a Valentine's getaway, rekindleing an old romance or starting a new one, our southern hospitality and friendly culture inspire guests to slow down, relax and enjoy the important things in life - your loved ones. Maybe it's the vestiges of our French culture, but the joie di vivre, or joy of life, and appreciation for good food, drink and company have created a special place for lovers.
Elegant hotels, gas lamp-lit streets and some of the best music around make for a romantic backdrop where visitors ease into the environment of beauty and pleasure that surrounds them. Here you'll find intimate restaurants with hidden courtyards where multi-course meals are prepared with care and allow time for true conversation and laughter.
Of course, if you're single and ready to mingle, New Orleans is still the place to be. Famous for spell-binding love potions and ventures in Voodoo, the famed Marie Laveau's hometown will help you mesmerize your future companion. Visit the Marie Laveau House of Voodoo on Bourbon Street, or the New Orleans Pharmacy Museum in the Vieux Carre to find the perfect remedy for your Valentine's Day in the Crescent City.
Romantic Packages and Specials
To plan a special Valentine's Day surprise, click more
See below for examples of some of our most romantic restaurants, cocktail bars, accommodations and attractions to help you create the trip of a lifetime.
- Orleans Grapevine-This hidden gem has an amazing wine selection and offers candle-lit courtyard dining.
- Muriel's-Elegant décor and an unbeatable location make this Jackson Square restaurant a favorite to both locals and visitors.
- Bouche-This contemporary wine bar and restaurant is sure to please. Call ahead to reserve the intimate booth seating.
- Sucre-This high-end sweet shop is the perfect spot to relax and recharge from a day of shopping on popular Magazine Street.
- Café du Monde-Share a plate of fried dough heaven lavished in powdered sugar. The café is open 24-7!
- Café Degas-Enjoy French cuisine in an intimate atmosphere just steps away from where the famous painter Edgar Degas called home.
- Galvez-This riverfront restaurant offers fine Spanish cuisine with one of the best views in the city.
- Desire Oyster Bar-The name says it all. And, you know what they say about oysters...
- Café Amelie-Arguably one of the most romantic courtyards in the French Quarter.
- Restaurant August-Considered celebrity Chef John Besh's crowning achievement August is reserved for the most special of occasions.
Romantic Cocktail Bars
- Carousel Bar-Nestled inside the historic Hotel Monteleone the centerpiece of this distinctive bar is an operational carousel!
- French 75-This sophisticated French Quarter establishment adjacent to Arnaud's Restaurant is rated as one of the top 5 bars in the country by Esquire Magazine.
- Davenport Lounge-Enjoy the jazz stylings of entertainer Jeremy Davenport in his namesake lounge tucked away in the Ritz Carlton Hotel.
- Columns Hotel-Repeatedly voted as a top romantic location; enjoy cocktails on the grand porch of the hotel on historic St. Charles Avenue.
- Sazerac Bar-All the grandeur and style of the Roosevelt Hotel culminates in this legendary bar.
- Hermes Bar-A classic French Quarter bar with an old-world feel where you can sip specialty cocktails and order from Antonie's Restaurant's menu!
- Swizzle Stick Bar-Visit this local favorite located in the Loews Hotel for creative cocktails in a swank environment.
- Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse-Take refuge from the buzz on Bourbon in this plush club. Catch a jazz performance seven nights a week or a chic burlesque performance on the weekend.
- Snug Harbor-Located along the wildly popular Frenchmen Street Entertainment District Snug offers intimate, cabaret-style for taking in local and national jazz acts.
- Tujague's-Locals and visitors alike love this New Orleans standard offering classic cocktails and great company.
- Take a Carriage Ride-Find the carriages at Jackson Square and experience the city the original way.
- Picnic in New Orleans City Park - From swans, to botanical gardens, to the world's largest collection of mature oak trees, you'll enjoy all nature has to offer. The park is also home to the New Orleans Museum of Art and a beautiful sculpture garden.
- Strolling the French Quarter-Simple yet anything but, step back in time and take in enchanting architecture, visit eclectic shops and meet friendly folk.
- Steamboat Natchez - Enjoy a romantic dinner for two on the last authentic Steamboat cruise on the Mississippi.
- Caricature drawing by an artist on Jackson Square - What better way to capture the smile of the one you love than through the talents of a Jackson Square artist!
- St. Charles Ave Streetcar ride - Nestle into polished wooden seats with your sweetie and admire the sights on New Orleans most famous avenue.
- Garden District - Tour beautiful mansions, and relive the elegance of a simpler time in New Orleans.
- Jackson Square- View the work of local artisans, visit St. Louis Cathedral and make a wish in the park's famous fountain.
- Peruse Art Galleries on Julia Street - Discover authentic Louisiana art, both modern and historic in New Orleans arts district.
- Take a Cooking class - The best way to someone's heart? Their stomach! Learn how to cook like a local with a New Orleans-style cooking class.
- Experience Sunrise at the river - Nothing is more romantic than the reflecting colors of a New Orleans sunrise on the Mississippi after an unforgettable night in the French Quarter. Get an order of beignets to-go from Café du Monde and head to the water.